my pictures

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Santa Ynez mountains covered in snow. Apparently this is a very rare occurance. I was lucky to get some good shots.. incredibly even one that was taken from a moving cab turned out fairly well.




I need a sign like this.. not sure where to get one but I think it'd be great.




Sunrise in NJ.

A shot of the moon taken last night. This was a few seconds exposure.. somewhere from 2-4 seconds. Sorry it's kind of noisy.. but after I tried taking longer exposures I realized that for them to be even remotely effective, I'd need to buy a tripod. Anyways.. it was a really interesting moon last night. There was a rainbow like effect, and the picture doesn't really do it justice, but it took up a large portion of the night sky. Just imagine the bright circle in the middle of the picture is the size of the moon in the night sky, and try to imagine how bit the "rainbow" part is. Anyways, it was really impressive, especially considering I'd never seen anything like it before. It was neat that some of the rainbow fringing was captured. Still wish I had a tripod and could take a 20-30 second exposure though. :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home